Selecting the right reusable water bottle.
If you are looking to save money in the long-term, reduce your plastic waste and be healthier, buying a high-quality reusable stainless steel water bottle is a step in the right direction. That's why we have constructed our reusable water bottles from food-grade stainless steel.
If you usually purchase single-use bottled water, switching to a reusable water bottle will save you a ton of money. This can be anywhere up to £150 a month, depending on your shopping habits. However, it can also mean you will be drinking safer, healthier, water - as bottled water isn't required to meet the same standards as tap water in the U.K. Unfortunately, this means you can never be 100% sure what you’re drinking with bottled water.
Buying a stainless steel water bottle helps create far less waste. 30 billion plastic water bottles are thrown away yearly – it takes 1.5 million barrels of oil to produce all that plastic, and it takes over 450 years for those bottles to decompose. To add to this, decomposing plastics contain harmful chemicals that have been linked to numerous health issues, and neurological damage. By refilling a reusable stainless steel water bottle from Stay Sixty® you can help rid the planet from these harmful, energy consuming, single-use plastic water bottles.
Stainless steel water bottles are a far safer choice because:
- We use a food grade stainless steel that is non-reactive so no lining is necessary
- With no harmful chemicals (BPA) leach into your drink
- Drinks stay cooler longer
- Stay Sixty® stainless steel water bottles are lightweight
- Our reusable water bottles are durable and built to last
You may compare the price of a stainless steel water bottle with a reusable plastic water bottle and be tempted to go for the cheaper plastic option. However, this can easily cost you more money in the long term. As stainless steel water bottles are far more robust and have a longer life-span.
There are a number of reasons why this is not a good idea:
- Stainless steel lasts longer: Reusable plastic can wear out quickly and easily. It cracks and scratches easily and is prone to heat damage. When plastic starts to show any signs of wear, it’s no longer safe to use. Stainless steel water bottles, on the other hand, are durable and will not wear down over time.
- Stainless steel is a healthier material to construct reusable from: The chemicals found in plastics can leach, especially when left in warm environments. A stainless steel water bottle will not leak chemicals.
However, not all reusable water bottles are stainless steel. Many reusable water bottles are actually aluminium which has been linked to numerous diseases. As you’re not supposed to use aluminum in food grade products, they must come with a plastic liner, which can contain harmful chemicals. Stainless steel bottles do not require a liner to keep drinking from them safely.
Quality stainless steel water bottles should only be constructed from #304 or 18/8 food-grade stainless steel. That's why we have chosen to manufacture our reusable water bottles with only the best quality stainless steel.
Stay Sixty® reusable water bottles are multi-award winning with recommendations from the likes of British GQ, Wallpaper* Magazine, Shortlist, Stylist, Refinery29, Men's Health, the Guardian, the Metro and the Evening Standard. With the Evening Standard labelling our bottles 'the prettiest and most practical out there'. Be sure to grab your reusable stainless steel water bottle while stocks last!